Quantcast

Bottling Question

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

BernieBrewer

Reaction score
I had a question, I'm about to bottle my beer tonight. I sanitized my bottles this weekend but then got delayed and am just getting to bottling now. I was going to rinse the bottles once more with the bottle washer before I start. After I rinse should I wait till the bottles are completely dry before I fill them?

Toilet Rocker

Reaction score
Are your intentions to spray them with water only? I'm paranoid about contamination, so I would sit them in the proper iodopher solution for a few before bottling (dry, wet, no worries). Nothing like an extra step just to be certain you aren't introducing anything, especially this late in the process. Good luck, Bernie.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
I don't.

I usually run them through my dishwasher with no soap added. The heating cycle usually gets them pretty dry, but I still see some drops of water in some bottles. I just bottle anyway. So far, no problems!

loopmd

Reaction score
There are a ton of people here that would totally disagree. But, I too just put them in the dishwasher without any soap and run the cycle. Been doing it that way for 3 years and have not had a problem yet. The bottles are not at all dirty when I do this as every bottle gets thouroughly rinsed and cleaned the moment the beer is poured.

Latest posts