Bottling One Gallon Batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewStef

Reaction score
I have mutliple one gallon "test" batches going on right now. What is the "best" way to bottle a one gallon batch? Do you use a bottling bucket or just transfer it out directly from a fermenter via racking cane? Other suggestions?

My objective is to minimize waste.

BrewStef said:
I have mutliple one gallon "test" batches going on right now. What is the "best" way to bottle a one gallon batch? Do you use a bottling bucket or just transfer it out directly from a fermenter via racking cane? Other suggestions?

My objective is to minimize waste.
Set up all of your bottles with the lids open and just use the racking cane, or better yet the hose.

I hear you both. I really suck at siphoning (pun intended), esp. from 1 gallon jugs. I am concerned about clogged racking cane/tubing if I do it directly, but the more you rack the more loss you get. I really want to minimize loss. I guess there is no easy answer to this other than more siphoning practice.

Back