Bottling my first brew today.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewingTravisty

Reaction score
That's it really.. No questions haha I'm just excited to be getting close to finishing my first homebrew and wanted to tell someone :p anyways, continue about your day, nothing to see here, move along.

Pics or it never happened!

Haha just finished bottling them. I got 48 bottles out of it, but I lost almost a gallon of beer being a dummy on brew day :p in about a week I'll have 10 more gallons of beer to bottle. That will be fun haha

20150911_205926_HDR.jpg

What's wrong with the ones that have an "X" on them? Poison? We won't tell.

What's wrong with the ones that have an "X" on them? Poison? We won't tell.

Haha I was wondering if anyone would ask that, it's probably nothing but I forgot to sanitize my caps and those are the ones I did before I remembered. So I marked them, just in case. Figured those will be the ones I drink first just to be safe.

Congrats! Now comes the hard part. Leaving them alone long enough to let them carb/age.

Lol I know. I tasted some of the beer while I was bottling and it tasted pretty good. Almost like a nuttier flat Samuel Adams Boston Lager.

All in all I can't complain for my first brew. I think I'm hooked, me and my brother in law were talking about ways to go about lagering without spending more money on equipment and decided that when it cools off outside, we're going make the wort, put it in the bucket and cart it down to the creek, add the yeast and tie it off then throw it in. The temps should keep a constant 45f or there about. That'll make the wait easier XD out of sight, out of mind.

Back