Bottling IPA with dregs....?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timcook

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions: I was planning to bottle 5 gallons of west coast style I PA with a final gravity of 1.010. Due to a large amount of hop material in the carboy, I did a poor job of siphoning it and ended up bottling about 4.75 gallons. I cold crashed the leftover cloudy beer then transferred it into a 1/2 gallon growler. There ended up being about two pints worth.

I decided to add some dregs from a Wicked Weed bottle to the two pints of already fermented West Coast I PA. It's been at least a month. I am trying to decide which carbonation level to shoot for when i bottle it. Any suggestions?

I did something similar in the past with Orval dregs. Gotta make the best of my terrible transferring skills. I have since bought a sterile siphon.

Tim

Not sure I follow...

Did you add the dregs from the Wicked Weed to the half-filled growler of 1.010 beer and let it sit a month?

Typically, when I lose siphon with a couple pints remaining, I put the remaining beer in a growler, cold crash it, and make a point to drink it (cold but flat) ASAP.

Yes. That's what I did. Probably easier to drink flat, like you do, rather than bottle. It's only a couple pints, but I'm looking forward to the flavor impact from the dregs.

Back