Bottling IPA ouch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabimkbrewer

Reaction score
Hello,

I screw up, I brewed/dry hop double IPA.

Added the DME to secondary bottling bucket, and put a lit on it, didn't bottle but put it as it was going to ferment.

I made the mistake I'm going to bottle now, any suggestions? add dme again and bottle?

Cheers,

Assuming enough time has passed for DME to ferment out and/or you've taken gravity readings, add an appropriate amount of DME or sugar and bottle. It'll be fine.

Agreed. You need to be sure the first priming addition has had enough time to fully ferment out. If it hasn't and you re-prime you will over carbonate the beer. You could also over carbonate to an extent that you create bottle bombs.

Give it enough time so you are sure the first priming has totally fermented then prime again and bottle.

Hello, Is been 5 days since I primed the first time (5 gallons of IPA) I used 4.7 OZ of DME.

Should I used the same amount of DME this second time around or would you recommend less?

Back