Bottled beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BegginerBrewer

Reaction score
Hey all,
I bottled my beer around 1 week ago, added all the sugar and they have carbed up. When should i put them in a cold place? I was thinking of putting them in my conservatory where its around 7 degrees celcius.:mug:

The 3 weeks at 70 degrees, that we recommend is the minimum time it takes for average gravity beers to carbonate and condition. Higher grav beers take longer.

Stouts and porters have taken me between 6 and 8 weeks to carb up..I have a 1.090 Belgian strong that took three months to carb up.

Temp and gravity are the two factors that contribute to the time it takes to carb beer. But if a beer's not ready yet, or seems low carbed, and you added the right amount of sugar to it, then it's not stalled, it's just not time yet.

Everything you need to know about carbing and conditioning, can be found here Of Patience and Bottle Conditioning. With emphasis on the word, "patience." ;)

In three weeks if you've stored the beer above 70, take two, 1 from each case and chill them for a day or 2 and taste them...if they are carbed and conditioned then you're good. Go ahead and chill them if you want.

If they're not carbed, or taste funky still, check a couple more in a week or two.

In other words,about 21C would be a good temp to bottle condition. I also put mine in 12 packs/case boxes with flaps closed while doing so. Don't want the light skunking them.

Right then, another fortnight in the airing cupboard, then a taste test. Iv'e already tasted abit today as i didnt quite have enough to fill a little bottle up so i have a quick test now and then. But so far it is pretty drinkable as it is:mug: Also what does RHWAB or whatever mean?:off:

Relax, Don't Worry, Have A Home Brew. -Charlie Papazian, author of "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing"

EDIT: And RDWHAHB is NEVER off topic ;)

If post.contains("bottled beer") AND post.contains("how long") then
newRevvyPost = new revvyPost(standardBottleWaitingTime)
website.addpost(newRevvyPost)
end if

actually... this function should be upgraded to:

if not post.poster.location = unitiedstates then
newRevvyPost.degrees = celcius
end if

end if

actually... this function should be upgraded to:

if not post.poster.location = unitiedstates then
newRevvyPost.degrees = celcius
end if

end if

you sir kinda win the internets but I think you need a factory pattern in there:

if(post.contains("bottled beer") && post.contains("how long")) {
Post newRevvyPost = RevvysPostFactory.createStandardResponse(Post.STANDARD_BOTTLE_WAITING_TIME);

}

Back