Bottle priming my first pilsner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eestisiin

Reaction score
Hey, so after three weeks in primary my FG turned out at 1.014!

I transfered beer from primary to bottling vessel and added 117g of sugar mixed with water as with other beers and then bottled!

All went well or so it felt,but now a week later I took one bottle to test - no carbonation and gravity is 1.018 so sugar has not yet turned into co2!

I'm now wondering whether it's my ambient temp that is around 15c in garage, although lallemand diamond lager yeast should work fine from 10-15c or is it so much slower and I should hope for full carbonation with room temp of 20+ within a week? I'm worried that I might have killed my yeast?

Fermentation temp was 11.5c for 3weeks - there should be yeast still alive I think?

Anyways a bit of panic in my Friday evening and hoping to figure out what I need to do,if anything.

Thanks!

15° C is a little cool for bottle conditioning. Try getting closer to 21° C. Turn each bottle to agitate the yeast and leave at 21 for a couple more weeks. What was the recipe and yeast? A FG of 1.014 is a little high for a Pilsner. It may finish a little sweet.

15° C is a little cool for bottle conditioning. Try getting closer to 21° C. Turn each bottle to agitate the yeast and leave at 21 for a couple more weeks. What was the recipe and yeast? A FG of 1.014 is a little high for a Pilsner. It may finish a little sweet.
Yeah, I was also hoping for like 1.01 or less - idk why it finished so high. SG was 1.059 and yeast is Lallemand Diamond Lager yeast

AS per my calculations the attenuation was like 76% which I would call low also :/

Temp for fermentation recommended was like 10-15c and kept it stable 11.5c with controller. Total time was 3 weeks in the primary fermenter. From there to bottle

I'll move the beers to my house so they will sit at like 21c for free weeks.

On a good note,beer is clear as f...

Back