bottle my first stout... my hydrometer readings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I agree..Looking back it seems you were even impatient for anyone to help you...You posted every 10 minutes this morning, got no answers and just dumped your beer.....you really need to relax...and have a little patience, both for someone to answer...and to let your beer do what it needs to do.

We tried to tell you repeatedly last night, there wasn't anything you did wrong with any of the batches you brewed...just that YOUR READING WASN'T CORRECT...

----

What with Revvy talking in CAPS, he's calling me impatient... so what if I posted every 10 minutes -- put a time limit between posts then... why are you watching my post times, if not for the sole purpose to pick me apart? If I wish to dump my beer I can... it's not yours... Revvy has insulted me in prior posts.

You ask for help, people give you help. You ignore that help, but keep asking for more. We point that out to you and you claim you're being insulted and picked apart.

You seem to have some issues here you need to resolve. Revvy has been nothing but helpful. You HAVE been impatient. You HAVE ignored the advice you asked for. Then you get pissed at the advice givers.

Revvy isn't the problem here. He's been polite and helpful.

if you read my posts, my questions build off your answers, because I didn't understand the answers. if i'm given an answer that isn't exactly clear to me, it's my nature to search out the answer and understand if fully.

if you read my posts, my questions build off your answers, because I didn't understand the answers. if i'm given an answer that isn't exactly clear to me, it's my nature to search out the answer and understand if fully.

Then why do you think I spoke in caps??? To make something really really clear....I was EMPHASIZING something, it seemed that you didn't get the point that your reading was off and didn't really matter.

Boy I am glad I didn't spend an hour doing screen caps of each field of beercalculus and photoshop them to do a detailed walkthrough for you like I planned....Doesn't seem like you appreciate anyone's attempt at helping you.

You nailed it Revvy I don't appreciate the help -- yet I posted that I did a few times in this thread... your saying I didn't read the posts did you not read mine? you must have missed the part, where I thanked every one for their patience and help.

I still don't get it? I don't know what's going on...Yes you DID thank us....But also it seemed that you STILL didn't understand what we were saying, that's why I kept repeating it, and trying to clarify.

None of us were mean to you....we just said that it seemed like you were impatient...Heck I have come down on beer pourer outters much harder than you....I just said it probably would have been fine. ANd that it seemed you were impatient for answers and dumped too soon....That's it...AND still went on to explain again about extract and readings AND explained how to use beercalculus....

All any of us were doing was SPENDING OUR TIME TRYING TO HELP YOU....To make sure you understood whatever you were confused about....

Geez...

Good luck with your hobby.....

:mug:

No, I'm not considering this a hobby anymore, it's not long fun, it's stressfull to point of me worring about how exact my measurements where, did I add to much of this or to much of that...

Let me recap -- I was confused... my brew store gave me one set of ingredients, the can instructs gave me another set of different ingredients, and some folk here where giving me different ingredients... I got confused, I admit it. I didn't know which to use... eventually through the help I figured it out... also there where some abbreviations people used, that I didn't know what the meant, so I asked about that.... then eventually I asked if my batch was messed up -- people here said it should be okay... then I believe I asked another question about corn sugar and malt sugar.... then I stated at the bottom of page 4, that as the post got larger, the more confused I got.... then what even confused me more was that someone stated the initial hydro reading of 1.040 would make the beer very dry... (that even confused me more) because that site "Beer Calculus, suggest I have a initial reading around 1.040 aswell as my brew store.... then my first batch of Canadian Ale has been in the bottle for 2 months, it's horrid, undrinkable... hence I dumped it. Hey Revvy if like the taste of terpin-tine with a hint of maple sugar, I'll email you my recipe.

That's a summarize of my posts

beercalculus is all nice and dandy but i couldn't find my ingridients, I had no idea what i was selecting.

Forensics? Don't quit your day job buddy if that was a joke or poke at me, it sucked!!

I can't believe these forums.

momo,

This is the second thread you've started that ended up like this. Nobody here is out to get you. We are all trying to help. But every time anyone tries to help you, you get defensive and upset. The last time, the thread ended up locked. Please, just relax. Nobody is picking on you or poking at you. At least not until you get all upset.

Relax. Don't take everything anyone says as a personal attack. This is a fun place. Read. Learn. If you don't understand something then say "I don't understand what the term xxxx means." and someone will be happy to define it. Or just do a search for the term and you'll find what you're looking for.

Take it easy and you'll enjoy these forums a lot more than you are now.

Ya then someone like XXXX comes along saying they've explained this to me a million times, and I'm not patient and don't listen.

I wouldn't ask these stupid questions, if I new the answers....

Cheshire, Thank you for pointing out that this is the same poster who started the "I bottled my bear" thread.

Either a troll or someone who honestly does believe that the world is truly out to get her. Either way, I wash my hands of it.

If I were Revvy, I would run, not walk, away also.

Momo, if you really do misunderstand what is going on both with your beer and with the people here who are taking time out of their own day to try and help you then it is time to just back off and read a book about brewing. If, after reading, you still don't understand, read it again. If, at that point, you still don't understand, I would suggest you yell at your primary school teachers, not the people here who are just trying to help.

Just wanted to say. I haven't been around there for very long. I am pretty new to the brewing hobby. This place has been very helpful and pretty much everone on here has a positive helping attitude.

OP just needs to relax a bit and learn to take very good advice.:fro:

Latest posts

Back