bottle conditioning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfrff

Reaction score
i have just started brewing. ive done a few and all bottle conditioned and im thinking of kegging, my question is the junk in the bottom of the bottle now is that caused by the priming sugar and the yeast. and if i do start to keg will i get that if i force keg. thanks for any of the input

1st apa extract gone
2nd octoberfest drinking
3rd esb in fermintor
4th ?

Some of the "Junk" is likely from the bottle conditioning, But it isn't all necessarily... Could be debris that hasn't settled out yet when you bottle... Hops, yeast, grains, or any other ingredient that was used.

You will likely reduce debris in the beer, but it doesn't mean you won't have any.

Like tjwor said, you'll likely have less in the keg by force carbing, but some of it is just stuff that hasn't settled out and isn't necessarily because of the yeast and little bit of fermentation that goes on to carb up a bottle.

But the good news is that a keg is simply a big bottle, and after you pull the first pint or so you will suck up virtually all of the sediment and everything else poured after that will be nice and relatively clear.

Latest posts

Back