Bottle Conditioning Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HB_in_Subic

Reaction score
Subic Bay Freeport is my home, at present working
I accidentally grabbed a couple of bottles only 1 week into bottle conditioning and put them in the fridge for about 12 hours before I realized my mistake.

Is there any concerns if I should pull them out and put them back in the closet for the rest of the 3 week period? Should I let them go even longer just to be safe?

Thanks..

Thanks for the quick replies. I found my mistake last night when I opened one. It didn't taste right,kinda green and that is how I figured out that I pulled them out too soon (I have 8 batches in conditioning).

Thankfully I also keep a detailed spreadsheet of all of my brews. It has worked great as a check and balance. Especially if I have had a few when brewing :)

Thanks again!

I accidentally grabbed a couple of bottles only 1 week into bottle conditioning and put them in the fridge for about 12 hours before I realized my mistake.

Is there any concerns if I should pull them out and put them back in the closet for the rest of the 3 week period? Should I let them go even longer just to be safe?

Thanks..

Interesting timing to see this post. Intentionally threw a blonde ale in the fridge that's been bottle conditioning for just 6 days...just because. Was going to at least leave it in the fridge overnight, but got weak after about 5 hours and drank it. As to be expected...pretty flat. Very slight carbonation (and my own prior experience tells me they typically take at least 2 wks minimum, and 3-4 wks to be really nice). I like to conduct taste testing along the way (for quality control...you know?!), to see how they are coming along. Also - I have no self control nor patience.

Anywho, nothing special going on at the almost 1-week mark (taste is good - just flat), so will probably wait at least another week to try another. I say drink one! At the very least, it makes you appreciate a nicely conditioned one that much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've had 14-12oz bottles of dampfbier v2 in the fridge since like Tuesday of last week. I figured they'd lager a bit like my hybrid lagers did. Should be clear & a bit crisp by Thanksgiving...

I think Revvy had a saying, that every time you drink a bottle that's not fully conditioned, that leaves you with one less to enjoy when they are ready.

Yea that's one of the things Revvy hits pretty hard, that and racking way to soon. He is the reason I don't do a secondary haha :p

Well today was the last day of conditioning for this batch. Last night I had one bottle bomb go off from this batch. First ever in 30 batches, and it was one of the 3 that I had pulled out prematurely. I cannot rule out a weak bottle as it was a reused local bottle. Literally the bottom of the bottle was left in the crate and the rest of the bottle went straight up like a rocket into my leather motorcycle vest. Other than cleaning up beer no other damage. So I am chalking this one up to an overly reused bottle. I put the 2 that I had previously pulled out 2 weeks ago in the fridge for cold conditioning.

Back