Bottle conditioning: A little geletin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanppp

Reaction score
When I CO2 carbed in the keg I would add geletin to the primary, rack to the keg, then dry hop in the keg. The geletin helped get the yeast out of the way of the hop oils. I have since moved to Europe and don't have CO2 anymore, so I bottle carbonate. I was thinking since there is always way too much yeast in the bottle, what if I added like 1/4 of the geletin I normally would before racking? Do you think that would serve to remove *a bit* of the yeast, giving me a bit more hop aroma and less sediment in the bottle? Does anyone do this?

They don't have co2 in Europe? Or is it expensive and hard to find?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Carbonation will take slightly longer. Also take into account what kind of sugar you are using after moving to EU.

Tbe gelatine won't effect carbonation by dropping tbe yeast?

It takes very little yeast to bottle condition. The level of carbonation is not tied to the number of yeast, it is tied to the amount of priming sugar.

It is expected that there will not be a lot of yeast in the bottle, that's one reason why it can take 3 weeks or more to properly bottle condition.

So then it's probably a good idea to put 0.1g of geletin in my 5 gallon batch?

Latest posts

Back