bottle condition temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briguy13

Reaction score
What is the best temperature to store bottles while they condition?
I bottled American cream ale and stored boxes in garage. Temperature is under 60*, to cold?
Should I put it in the house now where the temp is 65-70?
It's been out there for 2 weeks already, with some days temperature is 60+

70-75*F is good for bottle conditioning. Cooler = longer times than the normal three weeks. Too cool = yeasts go to sleep.

After yours have warmed up a day in the house. Roll each bottle on the carpet a little to get the yeast back in suspension.

What is the best temperature to store bottles while they condition?
I bottled American cream ale and stored boxes in garage. Temperature is under 60*, to cold?
Should I put it in the house now where the temp is 65-70?
It's been out there for 2 weeks already, with some days temperature is 60+

Hello, 70 deg F is the target temp.

Yes 60 deg is a bit cold, the beer will condition at this temp but it will take a lot longer than at 70 deg.

yes I would put them in the house.

2 weeks of 60 deg won't hurt anything, just move them to a warmer location and the yeast will do there thing.

Cheers :mug:

Thanks guys, just put them under the sink. That should do it! Now the clock starts all over again ...3 weeks. Correct? Even though its been 2 weeks?

Thanks guys, just put them under the sink. That should do it! Now the clock starts all over again ...3 weeks. Correct? Even though its been 2 weeks?

If they got under 60*F where they had been, I'd start the clock again.

Bump 'er up to 80 for a few days. Will shorten the carb time. Beer might still taste a bit green, but if you notice your beer is carbing at a slower than normal pace, try this.

66 is fine. Try one in 2 weeks. If it's not carbonated, wait another week.

Back