Bottle cap coasters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfd577

Reaction score
I had some epoxy resin left over from doing my bar top and thought I would make some coasters with it. I bought some resin molds online( resinobsession.com )and used some of the bottle caps I've saved over the years. These are 3 of the 8 I made.

image.jpg

Looks pretty sweet. Any idea what the cost was per coaster (not including the caps)?

I remember attempting to do a beer cap bar a while ago and being surprised with the costs.

Looks pretty sweet. Any idea what the cost was per coaster (not including the caps)?

I remember attempting to do a beer cap bar a while ago and being surprised with the costs.
The epoxy was not cheap that I used for the bartop but it was extra so cost was minimal. I think the molds were around $6 each but are reusable.

The epoxy was not cheap that I used for the bartop but it was extra so cost was minimal. I think the molds were around $6 each but are reusable.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Looks really good, if you haven't already.... Can you post the bar top too? I love those finishes.

These are really nice. I imagine you poured a thin layer of resin, added the caps, then topped off with another layer of resin?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

Thanks for all the compliments on the coasters.

bberg here is a picture of the bar top. it was made with poplar wood and stained with Cabots brown mahogany. I used self leveling epoxy resin to seal the wood. I also added a picture of all the coasters I have made. Before I get beat up about it the wife drinks Miller 64 and I wanted to make her a coaster.

IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_6107.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

Back