Bottle all stooped over no more!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamjonsharp

Reaction score
IMG_2235.jpg

Made mainly out of leftover scrap in the basement. :cross:

nice. better than my set up. I take our cat's scratching post, turn it upside down and set it on the counter! The bottling bucket rests on top. No cat hairs in beers yet!

Nice looking setup.....but I'm not willing to allot the floor space for any kind of permanent installation- not for brewing, not for anything else. Works the same with the really cool grain crushing setups you see in some of these threads that are mounted in permanent cabinets, etc. I'm sure they're nice, but my grain mill (a Corona / Victoria knockoff) is mounted in a plastic bucket that can just go on a shelf when I'm done.

My bottling is done with me sitting on a chair, with the bucket on the bench above.....so, no stooping or bending. When I get a tote of bottles filled, i just turn in the chair to my bench capper, which sits on a lower small table, and cap 'em. While it is true I've got a little time invested in setting this stuff up and putting it away.....it's just not that much.

I love that! This winter, my big plan is to organize my basement and get the stuff in a more usable place. Your solution is awesome.

I need a place to store carboys and fermenters, the siphons and tubing, etc, and a "work bench" like yours would work great.

By the way, I meant to tell you earlier than I loved your story in BYO this month!

All it needs is an HBT sticker!:D

Man I need to do something like that just for brewing in general.

Is there a sink nearby? I noticed the StarSan and PBW right next to each other...but you have to rinse the PBW off.

Not to get off topic but congrats on making BYO with the pumpkin beer recipe. I picked up a copy yesterday and recognized the Chubby Kid logo. Pretty cool.

Nice looking setup.....but I'm not willing to allot the floor space for any kind of permanent installation- not for brewing, not for anything else. Works the same with the really cool grain crushing setups you see in some of these threads that are mounted in permanent cabinets, etc. I'm sure they're nice, but my grain mill (a Corona / Victoria knockoff) is mounted in a plastic bucket that can just go on a shelf when I'm done.

My bottling is done with me sitting on a chair, with the bucket on the bench above.....so, no stooping or bending. When I get a tote of bottles filled, i just turn in the chair to my bench capper, which sits on a lower small table, and cap 'em. While it is true I've got a little time invested in setting this stuff up and putting it away.....it's just not that much.

Yeah, fortunately I've got lots of extra room in my basement dungeon to allow permanment space for homebrew stuff. I do enjoy bottling and wanted a setup that would allow me to stay standing the whole time and not have to be dragging buckets full of bottles and santizer/cleaner around. Got a nice brew/workspace in ye old garage too for brewday. :D

I love that! This winter, my big plan is to organize my basement and get the stuff in a more usable place. Your solution is awesome.

I need a place to store carboys and fermenters, the siphons and tubing, etc, and a "work bench" like yours would work great.

By the way, I meant to tell you earlier than I loved your story in BYO this month!

Thanks! Yeah, I've finally gotten around to getting a proper brewspace made in the basement...priorities...priorities...a workspace for the tools is next...:D

All it needs is an HBT sticker!:D

Man I need to do something like that just for brewing in general.

Is there a sink nearby? I noticed the StarSan and PBW right next to each other...but you have to rinse the PBW off.

I'll need to dig up my hbt sticker! :rockin:Yeah, I overlooked the rinsing of the PBW, fortunately, I alloted spaces for 4 tubs, so one can be hot water to rinse the bottles first. Sink's nearby, will attach a hose to the sink and fill up the tubs. For now, I'll prob just empty the tubs scooping water out with a bucket, but maybe in the future I'll rig up pvc or hosing to drain the tubs directly via gravity.

And thanks again everyone for the compliments on the byo article, glad yall enjoyed it.
:mug:

Sink's nearby, will attach a hose to the sink and fill up the tubs. For now, I'll prob just empty the tubs scooping water out with a bucket, but maybe in the future I'll rig up pvc or hosing to drain the tubs directly via gravity.
Just a thought; maybe if a cooler would fit in the same spot as one of those totes you could just use that for the hot water. It will hold the heat longer and have a spigot for easy draining.

I love that! This winter, my big plan is to organize my basement and get the stuff in a more usable place.

When you get that figured out can you help me too :D

I go vertical but about smashed a carboy with a corney that fell over
Maybe I should get rid of some of my other "stuff"

Back on topic:

I need to do something like that, maybe not permanent but along those lines.
Bottling on the basement floor is teh suck

Back