Botteling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redwards81

Reaction score
How soon after you bottle should you put in the refridge. I know if you do it to soon it will kill the yeast.

Keep them at room temp for at lease two weeks so they carb properly. The yeast will just go dormant in the fridge. You can take the bottles out and once the beer warms the yeast will become active.

Plus, I would say, it depends on the beer style. We put a couple bottles of one of our Saisons in the fridge at about 3 weeks after bottling. It carbed fine. Put a couple more that had been at room temp for about two months and they tasted much better.

I would say, just from our on hand experience, give Saisons at least 2 months. Bigger beers (8+ ABV) for 2-3 months at least. Sours, at least our 14+ month old ones, 3-4 months and they taste and carb better. Longer the better of course and we have a case of bombers that we wont open until next year at least.

Our 4.4% Pale Ale, 2 weeks primary bottled for 2. Works fine.

Definitely the longer the both fermenting and carving. Depends how much patience you have. The best brew I have down fermented for 3 months and carbed one month.

Excellent guys i pulled out my beer and it re carbed and now its perfect thanks everyone.

Definitely the longer the both fermenting and carving. Depends how much patience you have. The best brew I have down fermented for 3 months and carbed one month.

Dunno about that. I think some beers like IPAs are better toward the younger side than the more aged side.

Obviously fermentation has be complete, etc. but keeping them sitting around much longer than necessary doesn't do the style any good, IMO.

Back