Boston area thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, that's really disappointing! Five Eyed Fox was the perfect balance of relaxed setting, great food and great beer.

Trillium Field Trip beerfest tickets just went on sale. Some friends went last year and said it was great, so I’m checking it out this year.

tenor.gif

https://dailydrinkingthread.com/community/

tenor.gif

$170 for Trillium Field Trip VIP after fees and taxes.... good lord

Fairly standard for fests like this. The Firestone Walker VIP was a lot more actually. I tend to just go GA though because things generally last and 3 hours of drinking is enough time.

Fairly standard for fests like this. The Firestone Walker VIP was a lot more actually. I tend to just go GA though because things generally last and 3 hours of drinking is enough time.
Last year was a good time but I think it was $25 including a beer ticket or 2, then $5 per ticket once inside. So this year is almost $100 more for GA with all beer included. Just judging from last to this year, are they assuming everyone will be drinking 20 beers? Then to jump another $50 for VIP ~ +10 beers in the VIP hour.

Not complaining, just curious, seems like a big jump.

I'm still just eagerly awaiting drinking my weight in pilsners next month in Portland for $50

Last year was a good time but I think it was $25 including a beer ticket or 2, then $5 per ticket once inside. So this year is almost $100 more for GA with all beer included. Just judging from last to this year, are they assuming everyone will be drinking 20 beers? Then to jump another $50 for VIP ~ +10 beers in the VIP hour.

Not complaining, just curious, seems like a big jump.

I'm still just eagerly awaiting drinking my weight in pilsners next month in Portland for $50

Yeah, based on what you said, it sounds like they increased the price for sure. I’m debating going to that pils fest as well...

I really should get up to Notch sometime soon. I'm a 30 minute (Boston 30 minute) drive away

That was pretty cool. Nice to hear that they use Sterling for their Czech Pilsner, I just switched from Saaz to Sterling because it was way cheaper and wasn't sure how that would go.

My wife and I are spending the night in Boston later this month and wanted to see if there were any food/drink spots worthwhile in the area. We're staying at the Colonnade Hotel (Back Bay I think?) and seeing a show at the House of Blues... any recommendations would certainly be appreciated!

My wife and I are spending the night in Boston later this month and wanted to see if there were any food/drink spots worthwhile in the area. We're staying at the Colonnade Hotel (Back Bay I think?) and seeing a show at the House of Blues... any recommendations would certainly be appreciated!

Not trying to be snarky, but have you read the last 2-3 pages of this thread? Lots of recommendations, including a few from me. If there's something specific you're after (as there are plenty of food/drink spots that I'd consider worthwhile), I'm happy to throw out some additional recommendations.

Not a lot of good beer spots near HoB (IMHO), so I generally end up at Yard House if I'm over that way. The better bet is cocktails at Eastern Standard. Both are a short walk. I do believe that Trillium's Fenway location at Time Out Market is going to be opening soon, so keep an eye out for that. To that point, Time Out Market supposedly has some good food/drink options but I haven't been myself.

Lots of options near your hotel, too. Not one that usually gets recommended but my go-to Thai place in Boston, Pho Basil, is a short walk from your hotel. A Lot of upscale restaurants in the Back Bay and that's not usually my thing.

Last edited:
Last minute request — could any Boston area TB trader help with shipping some cans back to Chicago (meet this afternoon and then anytime in next week or two is fine)? Wanted to hit tree house today before heading home. Can either get you some cans for the trouble, $, or do a C/S box from Chicago in return. Will provide labels for anything as well. Thanks a bunch.

Heady topper and Focal Banger are now being distributed to mass by night shift distributing
There distribution list is updated daily at 5pm:

(Link to media)

Last edited:
Back