Books on Hops / Hop Growing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IDK about books but Chop and Brew and the old BrewingTV episodes go over growing hops at home. Might be worth your time if you're looking to learn. I'm in my 3rd year growing and I have watched all the hop episodes every year just to refresh and get me stoked for the harvest to come!

Those are all on YT right? I've seen a few of the Chop and Brew ones.

Shame there's no good book sources on hops.

I downloaded The Homebrewers Garden, it’s ok. Covers growing your own hops, herbs, and grains. I think I learned the most from reading on this forum, YT videos, and Great Lakes Hops website has a lot of useful info.

There are some papers from universities (Oregon, Michigan?), GreatLakesHops has some resources as well. Chip has a couple good videos about growing.

Edit: Searching for hop growing docs from Oregon State University (OSU) and Michigan State University Extension would probably be helpful.

Last edited:
Those are all on YT right? I've seen a few of the Chop and Brew ones.

Shame there's no good book sources on hops.
Yes, you can find both of them on YT. They go over pretty much everything from planting, to what fertilizer to use, and how to harvest. Also check out the Growing Hops forum on here too. Tons of good info on there and some guys have a lot of experience growing their own.

Hop Production, it is a complete guide, ive been told, for $75 i think it would be.

Latest posts

Back