Boilover

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boriasm

Reaction score
Am currently brewing my 1 gal batch for the evening and had a boil over (still new, getting the hang of things). As I was mopping up the mess with some napkins I noticed a lot of dissolved hops in the mix and am wondering how much this is going to affect the flavor of my brew?

I'm brewing a 1 gal extract of bourbon barrel porter from NB and I had just added the 3.5g of chinook hops at the start of the boil. I would say it'd been going for about 5-7 minutes before the boil over. I do not have any spare hops on hand. Still have another 30 minutes on the brew with the 3.5g of Willamette still to be added.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You'll be fine IMHO. There are hop bits throughout the wort. A little that gets lost in the boil over won't affect the beer anymore than the boil over would affect it. So basically...what happen happened. Don't worry I'm sure your beer will be great.

Back