Boil in a bag rice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbt

Reaction score
Did anyone ever use boil in a bag rice for rice adjust. I made 2 batches that I threw the bags right in the mash, thinking man this is nice I don't have to worry about stuck sparge. But both batches have a wierd off flavor.

Try to describe the off flavor and we might be able to offer more specific advice. That said, to my taste-buds, boil-in-a-bag/pre-cooked rice has a pretty nasty stale off-flavor itself. I wouldn't be surprised if that translated through.

common denominator.

try without...
I plan on trying the same again with flaked rice. Was just see in if any on else did the same thing..

Try to describe the off flavor and we might be able to offer more specific advice. That said, to my taste-buds, boil-in-a-bag/pre-cooked rice has a pretty nasty stale off-flavor itself. I wouldn't be surprised if that translated through.

I could not describe it before but I think you hit it. It is kinda stale flavor its right in the front it finshes great. When the beer was you it was not there.

O and BTW it is a lager using S23

Latest posts

Back