BMC Teabagging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, homebrewers already randall beers and add hop pellets to BMC and such to try out flavors, the only problem I see is storage and the oxidizing and staling of the hops. I am sure it would be a pain to backflush each individual sachet pouch and require that they are stored in a refridgerator/freezer.

I was lured here by the thread title- so, yes?

So we're the other 76 people. ... bet if the title said 'improve bmc by tea bagging it' more people would have looked.

Still have not heard that it is a crappy idea or good, for that matter. I mean sure they will obviously change the flavor, but I can't imagine that it could actually improve an already crap beer and then the need for different mixtures for the different crap beers and then there is the price point. Just seems like a lot of effort for teabagging...

I'm not pledging any money, but I think its a good idea. Depending on the cost, I might even buy the product and use it to change up the flavor of my lagers. I've made some brews that just seem to be missing something, I usually blend in the glass with a different brew or even cider to try to make it better. I'm going to try this with my homegrown hops when they are ready using a SS tea ball. It will be interesting to figure out what flavors will work together.

Back