BMC Propaganda!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
WTF IS THIS?? I just watched a Miller Lite commercial that stated the fact that their beer was so special because they "Add the hops, not once, not twice, but three times during the brewing process"

Correct me if Im wrong, but dont a good portion of recipes call for hop additions at different times during the boil?

Come the **** on man... Thats like saying that WWE is equivalent to Collegiate or Olympic wrestling because people like Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar had a history in them.

BMC Propaganda almost drives me to drink a Sam Adams Cranberry Lambic.
(Almost that is)
-Me

I laugh at that commercial, not just because they say "we add hops at 3 different times" but because they say "we don't just add them all at once"? Really? I make a mean Hefeweizen that is only hopped once. Just saying how many times you hop a beer doesn't mean a damn thing without knowing the recipe.

Come on it's all about the drinkalbility. My RIS has soooo much drinkability.

Any while we're making up words and throwing brewing terms around like we know what they mean...

No no.. this is a good thing. The more they try to "educate" the consumer, the more questions the consumer will ask.

Miller is telling people their beer is awesome because it's hopped three times? Just imagine when somebody who buys into that BS hears that DFH 60 is continually hopped for the entire 60 minutes!!! That's like hopping DFH60 in excess of 3600 times!!!!

LOL...

Like those "tastes great, less filling" ads. After those came out, how easy was it to go to your BMC drinking friends and say, "a tiny little steak is less filling than a big steak. A miniature hot dog wrapped in a croissant is less filling than a bratwurst. So which one is more filling and tastes better?"

See that's all we have to do... take good beer drinking friends into bars with a decent selection of beer, but predominantly BMC swill and start yelling "TASTES BETTER! MORE FILLING! TASTES BETTER!!! MORE FILLING!!!"

How easy would it be for DFH or even Sam Adams to do an intense viral marketing campaign. For the cost of a couple of pitchers of beer, college kids and other beer folks could go to a bar and stage phony things to mock BMC... "TASTES LIKE WATER! IMPROVES MY GIRLISH FIGURE! TASTES LIKE WATER! IMPROVES MY GIRLISH FIGURE!"

Ha! I saw that commercial as well. "Add the hops, not once, not twice, but three times during the brewing process" means they add two hops for bittering, two for flavor, and two for aroma. That's per barrel, of course.

Yeah, that reminds me of the short-lived "Miller Beer" back in 1998, which they advertised as using "only the heart of the hops".

They ain't artichokes, people.

I think they just show the boiling wort some photos of hops three times during the boil.

Come on it's all about the drinkalbility. My RIS has soooo much drinkability.

Even people in St Louis make fun of that slogan. There is a radio station here that claims they have the best listenability. I crack up every time I hear it.

I can't help but be curious about Miller's hop schedule now though. I know it is just propaganda, but they must do three additions...right? What is it like a 60 a 55 and a 50? Very weird.

Well, to be quite honest, it takes the brewmaster some time to open the can of hop extract that they dump into the batch. Figure additions at 60, 59:30, and 59 minutes.

:D

I see this as a good thing. Most BMC drinkers will learn about the sweet entity known as hops through that commercial, which also implies that hops are important, somehow. One day, they may overhear a conversation about a nice, hoppy (but not too hoppy) beer, and decide to check it out. THey will then learn through experience that beer can have actualy, you know, flavor, and start trying different beers.

2 years later, they join the Real Beer Drinkers Collective.

BMC factories, craft breweries and homebrewers may have some in-fighting about beer...but...

Just remember that the real enemy here are those wine drinking pussies.

i heard this ad on the radio about it being triple hopped and such. i laughed.

i hope the above poster is right about it making more people ask about better beers and such.

BMC factories, craft breweries and homebrewers may have some in-fighting about beer...but...

Just remember that the real enemy here are those wine drinking pussies.

hahahahaha.....BM i'm with you.

picture-2.png

This is my favorite. I love how they make it look like some sort of badge of honor.

Woohoo, three hop additions! Outrageous concept!

Let's not forget that Asahi have revolutionised beer by making brews that change in the bottle- seriously, the flavours mature and change if the beer is stored in the bottle for a while! Crazy stuff.

Latest posts

Back