Blue Strap, Heavy Duty Carboy Carrier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GHawk

Reaction score
What ever happened to the Blue Strap, Heavy Duty Carboy Carrier?
All I find these days are the black straps that are thinner material and soft.
I have 2 of the heavy, blue straps and they are much more rigid and trust worthy.

I have a black strap carboy carrier and the webbing, stitching and buckle assembly can absolutely handle a full 6.5gal glass carboy. You would need to exert a relatively high acceleration over a short time (shock) that would exceed what is possible with a human picking up the laden carrier. Maybe getting a strong man to attempt to launch the laden carrier over a 30ft wall would bust the stitching.

Not an answer to your question, but the black ones are just fine.

And I couldn't bear throwing your beer away... that's just wrong.
Sorry I have nothing to add.

UPDATE:

I bought one of the Brew Haulers (black) and am using it currently this week. I see no problem with the strength of design. The strap is a cinch buckle instead of a slide in snap and the heavy lifting is distributed throughout the bottom straps.
It's fine and will be getting another.

I've been using the black brew haulers for 6 years, no issues at all.

I'd rather use buckets, but I feel glass is easier to sanitize. Plus...I kinda like seeing active fermentation :)

UPDATE:

I bought one of the Brew Haulers (black) and am using it currently this week. I see no problem with the strength of design. The strap is a cinch buckle instead of a slide in snap and the heavy lifting is distributed throughout the bottom straps.
It's fine and will be getting another.

You could get a fastex replacement side release buckle and get rid of the cinch . . . no sewing.

Back