#$&## Blue Moon Bottles!!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Beertech

Reaction score
I thought I would buy my wife some of the new Blue Moon Spring Blonde Wheat Ale since she loves Blue Moon and as a plus for me.......more bottles for my home brew, right? Just looked at one of the empty bottles I saved and it's a twist off instead of a pry off! I thought Blue Moon being a "premium" beer would have pry offs! :mad:

Can twist off bottles be used with crimp on caps? It looks to me like the threads go all the way to the top and that it would not get a good crimp around the bottle lip.

509inc

Reaction score
You can use twist off without an issue depending on your capper. The wing type can crush them from what I hear. I have a capper with a stand and a lever and I've had no issues.

I wasnt aware Blue Moon was a premium beer... it just another Coors product from how I understand it.

OP
B

Beertech

Reaction score
You're right. It's not "premium". Though restaurant's and bars think they can charge import prices for it instead of domestic.

509inc

Reaction score
I gave a bartender a hard time with that just the other day over a Shiner Bock. I ask when the hell did Texas start importing to the United States.

He didn't have an answer.