blue mold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewfrog

Reaction score
Was trying to make a legal whiskey fermented with cracked corn champaign yeast.tiny batch.maybe quarter gallon.
but it turned into a blue dusty film on top.
maybe too much sugar?
missing american wheat.

Was trying to make a legal whiskey fermented with cracked corn champaign yeast.tiny batch.maybe quarter gallon.
maybe too much sugar?
missing american wheat.

do you know about cereal mashes and the amylase enzyme tag team? pics? don't know why if your trying to use grains for whiskey you'd add sugar too it...(i do, but i know it's cheating, lol)

wait......1/4 gallon?

Are you talking about the wash/beer having a blue film on top?

Need more info here, like did it ferment, did you sanitizer etc

maybe too much sugar?
missing american wheat.
blue dusty film....on top of what? was the corn fresh and dry or moist and possibly moldy?
shouldnt be too much sugar because you can make 100% sugar shine which in simple terms is rum.

blue dusty film....on top of what? was the corn fresh and dry or moist and possibly moldy?
shouldnt be too much sugar because you can make 100% sugar shine which in simple terms is rum.
mold was on top of sanitized cooler with mixture.water mix underneath,very simple ferment.
on a dusty shelf ,seemed to have vacuum pulled in the dust around it?corn was a frozen green giant corn cob defrosted then dried and cracked?

did you boil it first and then add amylase? i wouldn't drink it....fusarium is red, aflatoxin mold is black....but i still wouldn't necessarily trust blue...(unless it's cheese on a steak.... :D)

if your just using the corn as a nutrient for a sugar wash....wheat germ works better....just boil it in an amount of water then add it to your sugar wash.

it could be too much sugar, i would think, because of osmotic pressure? how much sugar are you worried 'was' too much (being that this is an oldish thread now)

Back