Blue Cheese

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This baby is pungent. Eating it while watching the US Open. It's about 4 months old.

_mg_0671-65783.jpg

_mg_0670-65782.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Wow. Wow.

Not only does that look incredible, I love the pretzel crackers (usually with hummus).

As if I don't have enough time consuming passions, I might have to go down this road too.

My cheese never did arrive in spite of the fact that Spieth won. That's OK, I didn't have time yesterday to watch the Open OR eat cheese. Too busy being Father's Day'd by the kids and grandkids out on the deck, gorging ourselves on pulled pork sandwiches with slaw on top and quaffing a craft. And then playing my new Father's Day gift: Lawn Yahtzee. Nonetheless, I'll take a raincheck on the cheese.

My cheese never did arrive in spite of the fact that Spieth won. That's OK, I didn't have time yesterday to watch the Open OR eat cheese. Too busy being Father's Day'd by the kids and grandkids out on the deck, gorging ourselves on pulled pork sandwiches with slaw on top and quaffing a craft. And then playing my new Father's Day gift: Lawn Yahtzee. Nonetheless, I'll take a raincheck on the cheese.

Sorry, guess it lost in shipment. Glad your day went well. Mine too.

I'm probably going to stuff some huge olives with a bunch of that blue cheese.

I'm probably going to stuff some huge olives with a bunch of that blue cheese.

That sounds amazingly good.

I am eating a ton of blue cheese (purchased) lately, as our salad greens are at their peak in the garden. I've made blue cheese dressing, as well as just sprinkled on our salads and used viniagrette with them. Yours looks perfect for salads and salad dressing!

That sounds amazingly good.

I am eating a ton of blue cheese (purchased) lately, as our salad greens are at their peak in the garden. I've made blue cheese dressing, as well as just sprinkled on our salads and used viniagrette with them. Yours looks perfect for salads and salad dressing!

I was thinking about making dressing. I had a wedge salad last night, but with store-bought blue cheese dressing. It's my favorite.

Do you have a recipe you like for blue cheese dressing?

I combined a couple of recipes for the dressing.

This one: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/absolutely-the-best-rich-and-creamy-blue-cheese-dressing-ever/ and this one: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/blue-cheese-dressing-recipe.html

A couple of notes, though! I make my own mayo, so the first thing I did was make mayo before starting the dressing part. Alton Brown's mayo technique/recipe was at the bones of the mayo, using good olive oil for that base. Then, I took the best of both of these (love the shot of worchestershire!) and combined to taste.

Back