Blog about my adventures in beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knoxgoalie

Reaction score
I just created a blog for my adventures in homebrew/drinking assorted craft beers. The link is http://septemberstormbrewing.blogspot.com/ . Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I put up a post about the beer I brewed today called How's Your Beer, Toots? (a tootsie roll beer). If anyone is interested in the recipe I'll post it. :mug:

This looks great. Good luck with the blog! I'm curious, though... How many tootsie rolls did you have to eat before you unwrapped enough for the beer? :D

I'm also curious how that beer comes out. SWMBO really digs chocolate, so this might be a good gift for her. Can you post the recipe?

wolfareno said:
This looks great. Good luck with the blog! I'm curious, though... How many tootsie rolls did you have to eat before you unwrapped enough for the beer? :D

I'm also curious how that beer comes out. SWMBO really digs chocolate, so this might be a good gift for her. Can you post the recipe?

I'd rather not say how many I ate...hahah. The recipe is as follows:

.5 lbs of organic chocolate malt (steeped)
.5lbs of caramel 80 (steeped)
1/4 cup of flaked oats (steeped)
3 lbs Light DME (Boil - 60 min.)
113 tootsie rolls (Boil - 60 min)
.5 oz of Crystal - 60 min
.25 oz of Crystal - 20 min
4 oz of unsweetened cocoa - 15 min
.25 oz of Crystal - 7 min

Nottingham Yeast - 1 package

Actual OG - 1.085
Est. FG - 1.014
Est. ABV - 9.3%

Obviously this was a 2.5 gallon batch. The tootsie rolls added quite a bit of sugar so the alcohol should be pretty significant. The smell of the crystal hops and the chocolate went really well together. I'll keep you posted as it ages, it's bubbling away in the carboy as I write this.

I'd rather not say how many I ate...hahah. The recipe is as follows:

.5 lbs of organic chocolate malt (steeped)
.5lbs of caramel 80 (steeped)
1/4 cup of flaked oats (steeped)
3 lbs Light DME (Boil - 60 min.)
113 tootsie rolls (Boil - 60 min)
.5 oz of Crystal - 60 min
.25 oz of Crystal - 20 min
4 oz of unsweetened cocoa - 15 min
.25 oz of Crystal - 7 min

Nottingham Yeast - 1 package

Actual OG - 1.085
Est. FG - 1.014
Est. ABV - 9.3%

Obviously this was a 2.5 gallon batch. The tootsie rolls added quite a bit of sugar so the alcohol should be pretty significant. The smell of the crystal hops and the chocolate went really well together. I'll keep you posted as it ages, it's bubbling away in the carboy as I write this.

How did this turn out?

Back