Blichmann controllers on clearance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Just a heads up for those looking.
as mentioned in the equipment forum by @radwizard , blichmann is clearancing all thier controllers and the prices are pretty good.
$312 for the deluxe tower or power 240v type and 212 for the 120v version with the cheaper potentiomer knob style ones going for $149 or less...
https://www.homebrewing.org/Blichmann-Tower-of-Power_c_472.html

https://www.morebeer.com/products/blichmann-power-controller-240v.html

be careful with buying the cords.. looks like the prices for those have not dropped on all the resellers sites .. big difference here..
https://www.morebeer.com/products/extension-cord-blichmann-240v-power-controller.html

https://www.homebrewing.org/Blichmann-240V-extension-cord_p_5163.html

Ive no doubt blichmann is about to release a new electric product line of some sort.

Ive no doubt blichmann is about to release a new electric product line of some sort.

I called customer support recently on a replacement part and asked about these controllers and i can confirm they said they are coming out with a lower cost alternative that is more competitive and closer to discount pricing (on prior discount not the current one). They would not share when and what features would be added or removed to lower production costs to be competitive.

Can one use these without needing a controller? Say, I have a BK and a 5500 watt element. Can I just get this (Power to controller to element) and call it good?

Can one use these without needing a controller? Say, I have a BK and a 5500 watt element. Can I just get this (Power to controller to element) and call it good?
? these ARE the controllers... and yes im fairly confident these are rated for the 23a a 5500w draws so these will control a 5500w element if you buy the 240v controller. unfortunately unless im just not seeing it, blichmann is not very honest with providing this info/specs likely to get folks to buy their elements to go with it. they are designed to work with blichmanns 5000w elements so it likely is designed to handle 30a or less

Last edited:
? these ARE the controllers... and yes im fairly confident these are rated for the 23a a 5500w draws so these will control a 5500w element if you buy the 240v controller. unfortunately unless im just not seeing it, blichmann is not very honest with providing this info/specs likely to get folks to buy their elements to go with it. they are designed to work with blichmanns 5000w elements so it likely is designed to handle 30a or less

Thanks. Sorry for the dumb question. Have not delved into electric just yet. I just put in the power to set one up now just researching what to do next. Controller DIY, this or ..

Understood.
as far as 240v controllers go this is honestly a pretty good deal and thats coming from a DIY guy.

Would you recommend the Tower of Power over the Auber Cube SE? Similar in price, but the Cube can accomodate the pumps. However, this one is already assembled. Thoughts?

Would you recommend the Tower of Power over the Auber Cube SE? Similar in price, but the Cube can accomodate the pumps. However, this one is already assembled. Thoughts?
Quite honestly if I were going to build another I would not use a kit unless it had everything I wanted.

all the components of that auber kit besides the actual ezboil temp controller can be bought elswhere for a total of about $100-$140 you pay for things like controller assembly or even gathering the parts into a kit.. If its not exactly what you want then why do so? For example I like using DC pumps with speed control so I build that into my panels. I build them the way I want them to work. Even then Ive upgraded and changed panels more than once. Now I use an arduino based diy system called brucontrol and since I can so easily reconfigure and add things to it as things change I dont ever really see myself going back to the hardware setup. but they do both have their advantages

Back