blew my lid off!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THEDIETZ

Reaction score
So this is 2 times in 1 week...fermentation was so crazy on my IPA that it blew off my ale pail lid....and my oatmeal stout this morning blew off my rubber bung and blow off tube. I hope I didn't get infection from this but both are still fermenting away. Did anyone ever have this happen and there did not get infected?

This happened to my Belgiam over the weekend. First time its happened to me but I assume with the aggressive fermentation, nothing was going to be able to get into my beer. I moved it upstairs to a tub until it settled down. Then I cleaned the lid and airlock, sanitized and replaced. I expect it to be OK.

First batch I ever did was a rye IPA w/ S-05, blew the lid 3 times in one night. I was asleep when it blew the third time, and my roommate saw the lid on the ground the next morning and put it back on the bucket without sanitizing it or anything. I was so paranoid that it was infected, but I let it run it's course and...guess what... no infection! Actually, it was one my favorite beers i've done.

I've had several batches blow the lid off, actually, and they all turned out fine. Just make sure you sanitize the lid before you put it back on:D

all is well, your beer has about a 99.9999% chance of turning out awesome.

Back