Blackberry Beer recipe???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam Adams has a blackberry wit that is good. So...yes

Oh I read your title, you want a recipe. Just google it I'm sure there are tons that will come up or use the search bar in the top left of this form. Bound to be some on here.

One of my friends did a cream ale with blackberries added to the secondary. They used about 1#/gallon and it turned out really good. Slightly tart.

Ok thank you very much. Did they freeze the blackberries first or soak them in vodka?

I made a blackberry wheat last year. I used fresh berries, mashed them up a little and added them at the end of the boil. It didn't end up adding much blackberry flavour, just some tartness and colour. If I make it again, I'll do it differently, maybe try adding them in secondary like EPbrew mentioned

One of my friends did a cream ale with blackberries added to the secondary. They used about 1#/gallon and it turned out really good. Slightly tart.

Damn,
I just Kegged a cream ale tonight and was wondering what I could do to make this one different. I was thinking more along the lines of dry hopping.

If I had read this sooner I would have tried that and left it in the Primary another week. That sounds like it would make a really nice summer beer.

Next time for sure.

My wife makes a Blackberry Kolsch. It uses #3 per 5 gallons. She uses frozen blackberries added (in a bag) to the secondary for a week. At kegging she adds 1/2 cup table sugar dissolved in boiling water to balance out the tartness. It has won an award, and is a real crowd pleaser :)

I have a blackberry witbier going right now.

I did an extract version using the norther brewer extract kit i got for Santa day. I did a secondary and added 6 lbs of blackberries and 5 whole oranges cut up with a bit of pectic enzyme. it was crazy cloudy and full of particles so i actually racked it a third time and let it set in the fridge 2 weeks before bottling. it has a great juicy blackberry orange flavor. Not sweet at all, a bit tart from all the orange. reminds me of a blackberry orange version of UFO grapefruit. I love it and will brew it again.

I had berries from our garden so no artificially color but the brew still turned a neat purple color. I have it kegged and hope that some will last into late spring so i can enjoy on a hot day while doing yard work.

My wife makes a Blackberry Kolsch. It uses #3 per 5 gallons. She uses frozen blackberries added (in a bag) to the secondary for a week. At kegging she adds 1/2 cup table sugar dissolved in boiling water to balance out the tartness. It has won an award, and is a real crowd pleaser :)
Is this an extract? If it is can you share the recipe?
Thanks Steve

Latest posts

Back