BK is the man

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so querstion now is.... cranberrys... how many? 5 gallons??????/ 10 lbs? campden?

they say atlest 2# per gallon before you can taste it.
I recently used the vodka soak method and we'll see how that turns out with the mead going right now.

next mead up is cinnamon stick and vanilla bean.

er? so Chuck 10 LBS of cranberry in? should I do anything to them first? how long to soak (ive never done anything but strait meade)

hmmm, then what do you do with the vodka after wards? gotta get some extra cranberry juice... the trials of brewing :D

ok no cranberry :(

so i got 2 frozen cranberry juice things! :)

also, took the other 5 gallons, cut up about 7 ruby reds, put them in the 5 gallon secondary, then racked to fill... then bottles the other 7 bottles worth (which is good, cuz I only had 7 bottles!)

then made some apfelwin, and when i was putting the airlock into my bucket... the nipple fell in, so i quick washed one of the carboys of meade, and racked it into there.... never found the nipple tho!

ok, serious question this time.... when will I know its done? the grapefruit sinks? its starting to shrivel.... as all those sexy ruby reds get sucked out!

ok, serious question this time.... when will I know its done? the grapefruit sinks? its starting to shrivel.... as all those sexy ruby reds get sucked out!

taste it. You;'ll know. try and not pay any attention to the other flavors...just the strength of the fruit flavor. Like green beer, you'll be amazed at how different this will taste in a few months!

Back