BJCP Category??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopherM

Reaction score
Just to double check, I have a mango habanero Berliner Weiss...can't go in the BW category, due to the veggie and fruit, can't go in the fruit category because of the pronounced habanero, can't go in the veggie category because of the mango...so I'm left with category 23, correct??

Just to double check, I have a mango habanero Berliner Weiss...can't go in the BW category, due to the veggie and fruit, can't go in the fruit category because of the pronounced habanero, can't go in the veggie category because of the mango...so I'm left with category 23, correct??

For the love of God, why????

Well, under 21A in BJCP

Ingredients:
Generally ales, although so
me dark strong lagers
exist. Spices are required, and of
ten include those evocative of the
Christmas season (e.g., allspi
ce, nutmeg, cinna
mon, cloves,
ginger) but any combination is possible and creativity is
encouraged. Fruit peel (e.g., oranges, lemon) may be used, as may
subtle additions of other fruits.

May use a wide range of crystal-
type malts, particularly those that add dark fruit or caramel
flavors. Flavorful adjuncts are of
ten used (e.g., molasses, treacle,
invert sugar, brown sugar,
honey, maple syrup, etc.).

I think you could SHV it as well. Do you feel like its more of it's own thing or a beer that highlights mango & habanero?

The mango and habanero are pronounced, not subtle. I won a gold for this beer in a local competition, but not BJCP, so I definitely want to enter it.

Back