Bitterness in pinot noir

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noofie2

Reaction score
I am making some pinot noir from 10 gals of frozen grapes. It has gone through primary fermentation, has been pressed, racked and is in two carboys... a 6gal and a 1gal. I added some Reduless because I was a little late in racking and a little H2S developed. The Reduless eliminated the H2S. The 6gal carboy is now fine and is going through malolactic but the 1gal carboy has developed a bitter, almost metallic taste. I added some more Reduless but after three days the off taste is still there...maybe a bit worse. Any thoughts?

No replies, so I'll post this FYI....Several days later after adding the additional Reduless, the pinot noir in the 1gal carboy is tasting much better...no bitterness. The Reduless seems to have taken care of the H2S first and then a little more got rid of the metallic bitterness that may have come from the H2S, but was more persistent at first. That Reduless is great stuff!!! I highly recommend it.

I haven’t heard of reduless till now, I’ll have to read more into it. Always something new to check into when new to a hobbie.

Back