Bittering hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lincolnubrewer

Reaction score
Hi,

I have Apollo and centennial hops left over from previous batches. I'm plan on making a winter/Christmas beer with spices. Which hop would be better for bittering? I'm leaning toward centennial hops. What has been your experience with either hops?

It really depends on what you're looking for in your winter beer. Centennial hops has more of a clean and crisp bitterness and you can even use it for your beer's aroma. I believe that it is more common and versatile than Apollo.

It really depends on what you're looking for in your winter beer. Centennial hops has more of a clean and crisp bitterness and you can even use it for your beer's aroma. I believe that it is more common and versatile than Apollo.

Thanks, that what I was thinking about centennial. I may have consider using it as an aroma hop also instead of Willamette. Now I need to see if I have enough of centennial for aroma.

Back