Biofine Clear sterility?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DownHillonWater

DownHillonWater Brews
Reaction score
I've been using Biofine Clear for clarification recently and I really like it. Much easier to use versus gelatin. On the several batches I've used it I've gotten bright beer quickly. I've been adding directly to the beer after fermentation. Has anyone experienced issues with this material becoming non-sterile over time? Does anyone know if it can support microbes?

You should not need to worry about sterility, so long as the container is not compromised or diluted, it is fine to add to beer without concern. That said, it is a good idea to sanitize whatever container or measuring devise you are using before adding it. It also works extremely well when used with gelatin. Crystal clear beer in 24 hrs or less.

Whenever we use biofine at the brewery I work at, we dump some sani on the lid of the biofine and pour the biofine into a sanitized measuring device. Been using the same huge 5 gallon container for about 8 months without a problem. We keep ours in the walk-in cooler but i can't see how leaving it at room temp would affect it much.

Back