"Big Game" Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerbieHowells

Reaction score
So what beer are you drinking while watching the Big Game this year?

I was thinking that a neutral household could have a lot of fun picking beers from Denver and Seattle, as both cities have some wonderful, nationally available beers out there. Based totally off of my own memories, a better beer drinker's Big Game probably hasn't happened since San Francisco beat San Diego.

I'm NOT in a neutral household, so I won't be drinking anything that wasn't brewed in Colorado (a shame too, because Seattle is putting out some great stuff). It's going to be cold and snowy here, so I'm thinking Avery Out of Bounds Stout or Odell Cutthroat might get a look.

Anyone planning a Denver vs. Seattle beer off?

By your criteria, a Yorkshire brewed Samuel Smith Taddy Porter for Downton Abbey, and a London brewed Beavertown Black IPA for Sherlock. It's a SWMBO issue.
But then I do have a couple of Redhook clones available.
Go Hawks!
except the Hawks aren't playing Sunday. Saturday against the Timberwolves, then Tuesday against the Pacers.

I'll be drinking my Otto's Excellent Super Bowl.

And rooting for the Seahawks, though Denver's a great team and Peyton probably deserves another ring. Going to be a great game no matter what.

I will be drinking my first ever brew, Northern Brewers American Wheat. Cracked my first bottle today, a little early, Has a nice hiss on the open. Tastes great!:eek:nestar: :eek:nestar: :eek:nestar: :eek:nestar: :eek:nestar:

Oh who knows. I might pull out my backyard rye bourbon county stout. I have some Great Divide Lasso in the fridge as well.

Along with a full fridge of my homebrew so who knows what Ill drink.

Currently, I have two homebrews (honey porter and holiday red) in the fridge along with a menagerie of commercial brews including Bigfoot Ale, Narwhal, Celebration, Ranger, and Mjollnir (a spruce brown ale from nearby Crow Peak Brewing).

I'm a lifelong Seahawks fan and thought of going with strictly WA brews for the game, but there aren't many of those available in South Dakota. Red Hook is about it. Plenty of CO brews available. I'll probably just go with what I've got already on hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back