Big Deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

35se

Reaction score
So today i had a boilover which kinda made the rest of my brew day a little off.

But i added water to the fermentor after i added the wort. (NB disk said add water first)

Forgot to stir the fermentor before adding yeast.

Do these things matter or am I just over thinking it? The brew day boilover kinda messed with my head so not sure if im overthinking or not. They sound like not a big deal but then again sometimes the little things make a big difference.

Thanks for any help.

Not a huge deal, but does help aerate and mix the wort. More importantly is that the wort you made was at about 70 degrees or lower before you pitched your yeast.

Not a huge deal, but does help aerate and mix the wort. More importantly is that the wort you made was at about 70 degrees or lower before you pitched your yeast.
I'm not even sure that's actually critical. I had a batch that was fermenting at 94.

Your yeasties may get a slow start, but I doubt you'll have any real issues.

I'm not even sure that's actually critical. I had a batch that was fermenting at 94.

Your yeasties may get a slow start, but I doubt you'll have any real issues.

Yeast can handle higher temps for sure, but you run a big risk of picking up a lot of off flavors at higher temps during the first 36 hours of fermentation, and i would not advise anyone to start fermentation above 70. That being said I have ferment a saison in its third week at over 105, but for that i started around 67 before increasing the temp

well I was relieved when I woke up this morning. So far looks like a healthy fermentation. Prolly should have waited to post but I was just paranoid.

IMG_20120917_095051.jpg

Back