Better Bottles Update?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacster

Reaction score
I recently found out that Better Bottles stopped production when I went to buy a pair of 3 gallon bottles. In looking through a few threads here dating back to May the reply people got from BB is that they are going back into production, but in checking online there still aren't any available. I like the 3 gallon square bottles as they fit in my fridge side by side and hold a split 5.5 gallon batch easily for fermentation. I made the mistake of using a brush on them so I wanted new ones.

Does anybody know whether they are really coming back? Or does anybody know of an alternative? I see lots of PET bottles, but none are square.

Honestly, I feel like they went under. We keep hearing that they are "ramping up production" but nobody ever gets stock replenishment.
I gave up searching and went with something else.

They have been out of production for a while, and some distys have removed them from their catalog. I don't see BB surviving this. I just bought 6 plastic Big Mouth Bubblers. I just brewed with them and I like them better.

If anyone is local to me, I have 4 better bottles for free, come and get them. You can have the universal bungs, too.

I searched around and could only find 2 3-gallon bottles on the entire interwebs. One was used, the other new. i guess I'll have to find a plan b. Maybe I should just modify my fridge so round ones will fit. What I was told at my LHBS is that they tried to restart but decided it wasn't worth it and gave up.

Back