Best whirlpool arm for anvil foundry?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Off Balance Brewing

Reaction score
I was looking at the Anvil swirly arm or brewers hardware spin cycle. Does anyone have good experience with either with the narrow pot diameter of the foundry? I'm assuming you need a better pump than the stock foundry one. Thanks.

I had BrewHardware DIY one for me, they have a spot on their website where you can do custom bend SS tubing. I added a barbed compression fitting to attach a hose and run it through a generic Northern Brewer pump and overall I'd say it works really well. It's no tornado inside but it swirls quickly and leaves a dome shaped bundle of junk in the center of the Anvil afterwards.

Really helps speed up the chilling process as well.

I had BrewHardware DIY one for me, they have a spot on their website where you can do custom bend SS tubing. I added a barbed compression fitting to attach a hose and run it through a generic Northern Brewer pump and overall I'd say it works really well. It's no tornado inside but it swirls quickly and leaves a dome shaped bundle of junk in the center of the Anvil afterwards.

Really helps speed up the chilling process as well.
How many ounces of hops have you tried free with the whirlpool? I've been using a Spyder but don't think it flows well

it depends on what you are trying to do. The stock pump is just fine for using a a differerent arm.
I actually bought a grainfater arm as it already had the cam fitting, foam for heat protection and was super reasonably priced. I also have the overboard from Bobby at BrewHardware.com that i use on my propane set up.

it depends on what you are trying to do. The stock pump is just fine for using a a differerent arm.
I actually bought a grainfater arm as it already had the cam fitting, foam for heat protection and was super reasonably priced. I also have the overboard from Bobby at BrewHardware.com that i use on my propane set up.
I would just like to have my hops free in the boil. I've clogged my stock pump with only like 3oz or 4 oz. Am I doing something wrong? I would like to be able to whirlpool like 8 oz without sticking the pump and have a good enough cone to keep most in the pot.

get a better pump. i use a spider for anything more than 3 oz of hops despite having a nice pump. IMO get the tallest, widest, most open spider that fits your budget.

Back