Best way to swap hoses and reclaim wort during brew session

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterblum

Reaction score
I am new to using a pump - I tested the Riptide I just bought with water and it works quite well. But my CFC will drastically throttle the exit velocity from the whirlpool arm, so after cooling my wort, I will have to swap a few hoses to remove the chiller from the fluid circuit.
Does anyone have any proven methods to pinch the tubing and be able to save the wort that is stuck inside the tubing/CFC? Especially with small batches, I don't want to lose precious wort.
Binder clips, perhaps?
I do not have a permanent brew stand (I have to move all of my gear up and down the stairs every brew day), so it would probably be a pain to try and incorporate a couple of three way valves at this point.
Thanks

Harbor Freight has these hose shutoffs in the automotive section. For clearing out my cfc, I just pump water from the kettle through the cfc into the fermenter. Watch the outlet hose, and when the color changes, stop the pump.

Well the photo didn't attach.
1524751495819.jpeg

And now it's upside down.

Back