Best way to carb ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stagger5150

Reaction score
Whats best...High PSI for a couple days then drop down for a couple more or lower serving PSI sustained for 5 days+

I see conflicting strategies all over the internet on this issue.

Seems to be an even consensus that 30 psi for 24-36 hours then set to serving pressure seems to work for relatively quick carbing not the fastest method but not the slowest.

Same here. Force carb @ 30psi for 24 hrs, then back down to 12psi to pour. It's drinkable at 24 hrs but definitely not completely carbed until about a week. Whichever way you do it, it'll end up the same in about a week or two.

Whats best...High PSI for a couple days then drop down for a couple more or lower serving PSI sustained for 5 days+

I see conflicting strategies all over the internet on this issue.

Zero Conflict Strategy - and undeniably the way to produce the best product: use our favorite carbonation table, find your beer temperature on the Y-axis, scan across to your desired carbonation level (with 2.5 being middle of the road) then go up that column to find the correct CO2 pressure.

Connect your keg, dial in that pressure, and wait 2.5 weeks.

Every other method produces inferior results...

Cheers! (yes, I said it ;))

Back