Best vendor to order beer line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legaleagle

Reaction score
I need to order 15 feet of 3/16 beer line. Where are you guys finding decent online prices/shipping? Not looking for the deal of a lifetime here, but also don't want to get fleeced. I haven't bought any in a few years so I am not sure what a good deal is these days.

Depends on "what" beer line you are looking for. Beer line comes in "flavors" and colors. Lined, braid re-inforced, etc.....

Honestly, you best bet is to see if you can locate a specialty hose supply or beverage supply. They should have access to beer line and won't charge shipping costs.

I am of the camp that if you can swing it, buy 50 foot even if you only need 20. Then you'll have extra on hand incase you get a really foul line or need to change the length for a pesky set-up.

Good breakdown of different types of line depending what you're looking for here - https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/beer-line-tests-solution-plastic-taste-60380/ - the Home Depot poly stacks up pretty well.

I personally ordered from McMaster-Carr and got 1/4"ID poly with 1/16" walls FDA approved for bev - my main reason for going with them was I was able to order different colored lines so I didn't need to label them. Think it was about $.35 per foot and got them the next business day for about $5 in shipping.

Thanks guys. After a little looking, I am going with the Tygon B-44-4x from USPlastics to eliminate the plastic and vinyl leach/taste possibility. A little bit more expensive, but eliminates the leach/taste variable that others have commented on.

Back