Best Trades ever?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianj434

Reaction score
So I was cleaning my apartment, getting it ready for a new roommate and decided to get rid of a stockpile of old bike parts. While perusing craigslist and free cycle for a new large pot for all grain I found someone who needed some handlebars. I emailed her and said i had some and while I was at it she could have some old brake levers and grips too.

A day before she came to pick them up I figured "aw what the hell" and called her to see if she had a large stock pot taking up room that she didnt want... She said yes. She had a 7 gallon pot she never used and that I could have. Straight trade, a stainless steel 7 gallon for some >10 year old bike parts.

So I know 7 gallons might be pushing it for 5 gallon all grain batches, does anyone have experience with that anti foaming agent for preventing boil overs?

Lets here about some other great trades

that what i wanted to hear. How does it work? Any effect on taste or head?

Not that I've noticed. I've got a 60/- on tap now that gets a lovely head. No pics of it handy, I'm afraid.

From what I understand it drops out after the boil is over and is left behind when you rack off hot break/trub.

Latest posts

Back