Best Stand Up Comedian?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayblefty

Reaction score
I Love stand up comedy! In my opinion George Carlin is King, but my current favorite is Dave Attelle. Just curious if anyone else is into stand up and who they like! So, who is the Best stand up Comedian in your opinion?

Another vote for George Carlin, IMO he could touch every demographic with his humor.

It's interesting what sort of rotation you get if you put certain comics into Pandora. My favorites all come up on the channel.

Louis CK (if you've been married for more than 5 years and have kids, you'll get it)
Jim Gaffigan
Brian Regan
Daniel Tosh
Chappelle

On the other end of the spectrum, I'm growing so tired of the Blue Collar comedy guys.

Louis CK for sure. I like how he can be real/authentic, yet hilarious. I've also heard he keeps his routines fresh and has a new one every year unlike most.

For me, and it's strictly according to my taste, but I absolutely love watching Eddie Izzard, that guy cracks my **** up.

In no particular order:

Denis Leary
Ron White
Robin Williams
George Carlin

4 of the funniest people on the planet.
Regards, GF.

Louis C.K is great.

I miss Mitch Hedberg.

I see Rodney Dangerfield is STILL getting NO RESPECT!

I tell ya I'm alright now, but last week I was in rough shape! I went to see my doctor, Dr. Vinny Boombotz. He said, "You're sick!"

I asked for a second opinion, he said, "Ok, you're UGLY TOO!"

Homercidal said:
I see Rodney Dangerfield is STILL getting NO RESPECT!

I tell ya I'm alright now, but last week I was in rough shape! I went to see my doctor, Dr. Vinny Boombotz. He said, "You're sick!"

I asked for a second opinion, he said, "Ok, you're UGLY TOO!"

I'm not sure what it is, but I've always found Rodney Dangerfield super creepy like Chester the Molester creepy haha

Interesting, not a single mention of Bill Cosby.
Seeing him live doing standup is nothing like watching him on TV.
I hurt I laughed so hard, and I almost literally fell out of my chair.

And +1 to Hedburg.

Pryor. Oh, dear God, Pryor. And I used to love Eddie Murphy back in his Delirious/Raw days, and Dennis Leary before he started hocking Fords. These days I like Louis CK, Jim Jeffries, Lewis Black (got tickets for his In God we Rust show next month!), Dave Chapelle, and Whitney Cummings. From across the pond, Billy Connolly is fantastic, Eddie Izzard, and Tommy Tiernan are outstanding as well.

I'd pay cash money to hold Dane Cook's head under the water until the bubbles stop. I've NEVER seen such an overrated human being in my life. How anyone even considers him remotely humorous is beyond me, let alone how he's still able to sell out venues...

Also don't get the Jeff Dunham thing.

Louis CK's Chewed Up helped restore my faith in stand-up a few years ago (after Comedy Central had ruined it with so much mediocrity over the years.)

But I still remember watching Buddy Hackett's HBO special as a kid and thinking it was the funniest thing ever. Old school stand-up, pre-Seinfeld, where every joke had a big, offensive punch line ("finally she says to me, you **** like a Jap").

I'd pay cash money to hold Dane Cook's head under the water until the bubbles stop. I've NEVER seen such an overrated human being in my life. How anyone even considers him remotely humorous is beyond me, let alone how he's still able to sell out venues....

Dane Cook strikes me as the sort of guy who was popular in high school, which pretty much eliminates any chance of him being a good stand-up.

Back