Best option to cover cement floor in brew area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rubber horse stall mats. They're heavy and stay in place, good traction when wet, and you can hose them down afterwards.
button-mat_500x322.jpg

How do you deal with rain/snow schmutz on carpet tiles in the garage?

[...]Have a giant PVC mat on one side, which is where the car goes.[...]

I would need a third - or even fourth garage bay to pull it off. We have so much crap in our two car garage that isn't "car" it's ridiculous :)

Cheers!

I went the professional epoxy route- Works great, non slip and easy to clean up after brew day. My only regret was not having them do the coved epoxy base.
355CA31D-3C2D-4547-ACE4-95D885523568.jpeg

I went the professional epoxy route- Works great, non slip and easy to clean up after brew day. My only regret was not having them do the coved epoxy base.View attachment 733459
Good move going pro route, previous homeowner went diy in this house on 30 year old concrete. Don't think he adequately prepped before applying. 🥺

I did epoxy flooring for a living for a while.

If you have bare concrete, 100% solids 2 part epoxy is impossible to beat. $150 USD or so per gallon, about 125 sqft per gallon. Anything cheaper and you should just use something else. Other epoxies may work, but are mich more finicky, some downright questionable.. Definitely don't use a 1 part, it's just paint at that point.

If you can't get it locally, you should again use something else. It's extremely dense. No chance shipping would make sense.

If I couldn't do epoxy, then I think I would go old school - VCT tiles and wax.

Idea behind epoxy or tiles for me is the same - I want to be able to squeegee it to clean up.
Thanks for the info!! Im in the middle of remodeling the basement with a good sized brewing room in it and hopefully done soon? Already have done several batches and with the hose, tri clamp fittings etc, always a mess on the floor. 1 part epoxy for sure! No floor drain but am removing the concrete floor along the exterior wall and installing an infloor trench drain, 8' worth and running it into the drain tile so any mess easily squeegeed up. Walls done with 42" high metal roofing and water rock above. Should be able to spray water freely with out damage. Great info, thanks again!!

Well...that's the problem, hardly any of it doesn't have a reason for existing.

Most of it is yard equipment, some of it is boating: there's literally a pair of canoes hanging between the cars with the riding mower, dump cart, snow blower, lawn aerator, and two fold-up step ladders, all lined up underneath. Then there's the weed wackers, a rototiller and a power washer, a stack of saw horses, a two wheeler and a stair-climbing appliance lift, a trolling motor for the canoes, running down one outboard aisle under a couple of full length wall-hung shelves holding a few chainsaws of various sizes and fluids for all the equipment; and a couple of different canvas roof systems for the boat (Bimini and mooring types), stood up at the end of my bay while there's a 330 gallon heating oil tank behind her side; then her outboard aisle has the two rolling rubbish bins, a pair of 30 gallon trash cans, a wheel barrow and a shop vac.

Clearly, choices were made, so it's all self-inflicted. I've been holding out for a barn :)

Cheers!

i'm currently researching what to do in my 10x10 brewhouse. I'm been thinking of epoxy but the tiles might be can potion

Back