Best News Headlines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this came EXACTLY 5 years after her colon cancer

brand new cancer, not a metastasis, but also didn't spread to her lymph nodes.

funny how this was also 6 weeks after our CPAP machines were recalled due to cancer concerns

this came EXACTLY 5 years after her colon cancer

brand new cancer, not a metastasis, but also didn't spread to her lymph nodes.

funny how this was also 6 weeks after our CPAP machines were recalled due to cancer concerns
Damn. Well, as we age, the odds of developing any number of diseases get shorter. That, unfortunately, is just one of several no-extra-cost options that come with the aging process. Still glad to hear she’s doing well after treatment.

Let me try this again. I saw this in the news. It is unfortunately behind a paywall, but the headline speaks eloquently enough for an entire article:

1636497783908.png

https://www.masslive.com/entertainment/2021/11/beer-nut-ready-to-say-goodbye-to-ipas.html

Is the strategic reserve some underground cavern, sequestered amongst the shoreline of Hudson Bay, or are we just talking about a protected grove of untapped sugar maples somewhere?

I was always told, by a proud Czech, that the Czech Republic was highest per capita beer consumer. (Sidenote: I asked why the name change to Czech Republic, and he said they even went further and now call it Czechia, which "nobody likes").

Anyway, quick dip into the always-true interwebz and one quickly finds survey after survey, and ya know what? None of 'em match. This animated yearly one was fun, but stopped in 2018. One of the most annoying was this nicely technical looking one, but with the page title of "Beer Consumption By Country 2021", clicking on Czechia (sorry Jan), then clicking "sources", the data is from 2018.

The interwebz lets me down, once again.

That is indeed tragic, but sobering? I'd go the other way with that & have a drink for the deceased and maybe another one for the "sheep" that will be killed for taking out a member of the dominant species.

Likely a ram, but there are alpha yews in some flocks , but whatever. I've helped out on farms with sheep in VT & NZ, they are not formidable foes, but they are animals & when trying to survive or pursue their agendas , they will do the best they can.

Anyway hopefully the old gal went out doing what she wanted to do instead of lying in a bed stuck w tubes.

A comfort animal? Someone had some old sheep & saw some a grant or donation some where, ...nah, don't want to know, but...anyway, would not be the first time...

Last edited:
The "Birds Aren't Real" Conspiracy Theory.

I have never heard of this. Started in 1976. From the movement's website: " the government has since replaced every living bird with robotic replicas "

WTactualF?

Back