Best News Headlines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In So. Korea they actually serve a food that translates into "Chicken House of Poo"...yes, it's chicken buttholes.

There is a program I have seen that (I believe) is called "Better Late than Never ", which stars William Shatner, Henry Winkler, Terry Bradshaw and George Foreman traveling to Japan, China and other Asian countries. In one episode they get an order of chicken vaginas... Ewwww!! Lol

There is a program I have seen that (I believe) is called "Better Late than Never ", which stars William Shatner, Henry Winkler, Terry Bradshaw and George Foreman traveling to Japan, China and other Asian countries. In one episode they get an order of chicken vaginas... Ewwww!! Lol
in the interest of anatomical precision, i must point out that chickens don't have vaginas - both males and female birds have cloaca. so if that is was they were served, they ate vagina, penis and butt all in one. how efficient!

in the interest of anatomical precision, i must point out that chickens don't have vaginas - both males and female birds have cloaca. so if that is was they were served, they ate vagina, penis and butt all in one. how efficient!

What you say is true. I was repeating what was said on the program. I raised chickens (laying hens) for a few years and learned about the cloaca in my research. But you have to admit... Vagina is funnier than cloaca!

WOW! And I can't believe someone said he bet I was fun at parties...you guys rock...:rock:

Octopi...

From e2f.com:

"As the word octopus ends in us, it is very tempting to assume that it’s of latin origin, such as nucleus (plural nuclei) or alumnus (plural alumni) and that its plural should then be octopi.

The usual plural in English is actually octupuses, which would not be the only case where an English plural form is used. For example both forms are used for cactus (plural cactuses/cacti) and focus (plural focuses/foci).

The twist in this story though, is that octopus actually derives (through scientific Latin), from the ancient Greek ὀκτώπους (oktopous or “eight-footed”), which means that the correct plural form should be octopodes according to the Greek rules."

the BEST NEWS headline.

wish more breweries did this, for all hours of operation

CHEERS! to Union Craft!

Kids in breweries? Baltimore’s Union Craft Brewing says no one under 21 in the taproom after 6 p.m.
it's OK, Union is pretty uninspiring... no one is in there anyways.

but i'm fine with this rule, as long as they also ban folks like GrogNerd who want to tell business owners how to run their businesses :rolleyes:

why only breweries? why not restaurants too? malls? beaches? public transit? what sort of left-wing nanny-state are we promoting here?!?

it's OK, Union is pretty uninspiring... no one is in there anyways.

but i'm fine with this rule, as long as they also ban folks like GrogNerd who want to tell business owners how to run their businesses :rolleyes:

why only breweries? why not restaurants too? malls? beaches? public transit? what sort of left-wing nanny-state are we promoting here?!?

not telling anyone how to do anything, only wishing they would

wish all establishments of every kind would, sure doesn't mean they should or should be forced to

Do you find it difficult to launder your panties, as bunched as they apparently are?

Last edited:
Article writer: "I have a 14-month old, and any restaurant trip usually involves myself or my girlfriend chasing him."
Why would any adult take their eyes off a kid long enough? He sounds incompetent.

"...let their kids roam freely..."
It's not your own house. Show respect to those around you.

"Pretty much impossible to tell parents how to parent."
I would not tell a parent what to do unless there was a clear and present danger. That puts the onus on the adult to show consideration.

"An overwhelming amount of unattended children in our tap room."
Not good--the "unattended" part. Who would think that it's okay to leave children unattended when you're among others and where you should actually be considerate? Kids ARE kids and need kind and considerate and thoughtful direction. It's Manners 101.

“It was causing chaos, damage and general safety and liability concerns. Children wandering behind the bar, into the warehouse, lost, sprinting around the room, riding trikes inside, kicking balls around inside, destroying vintage games, crashing into customers, breaking glassware, standing, running, jumping and moving furniture. It was out of control and our staff were spending too much time dealing with children and parents."
How can ANYONE not agree with the solution that is forced on them by the public???

"We do get a lot of families at the brewery, and there are many attentive and responsible parents that come here."
Very heartening to see. I never want to lose my faith in humanity.

“Breweries and tap rooms are designed for adults,”
Naked fact, along the lines of "don't bring your children to Hooters."

“Parents need to keep their kids close by and be respectful of others and our space,” said Zerivitz. “Children should never be allowed to roam free in a place where the primary function is to imbibe alcohol. It’s just far too dangerous.”
I'm thinking that's just plain, common sense. Also, children should never be roaming around in any public setting, such as a restaurant.

Point, game and match goes to Grognerd (Don't know him/her).

@sweetcell What was up with that attack, by the way? You even added specifics that didn't exist ("wish more breweries did this, for all hours of operation"). He/She never said a word implying anything but this particular topic.
I was only inspired to comment after seeing that hotheaded non-sequiter of yours. I guess maybe you two have history because nothing else makes sense.
Cheers.

don't know about that one specifically, but I've gotten in arguments with other clueless parents, here on HBT and other places where I've let it known that maybe their little hellspawns aren't as welcome to adult establishments as they think. that maybe the MAJORITY of the other patrons ALSO wish the parents would just leave the kids at home, hire a frickin' sitter, for gods' sake

the response is usually, "I'll take my screeching brats wherever I want!" being the very definition of SELFISH

THIS IS NOT THE THREAD FOR THIS ARGUMENT, TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE.
agreed. i'll take it somewhere else, just lemme know where. but it won't be here :mug:

$

Latest posts

Back