Best Mosaic:Citra ratio for balanced flavour?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EnglishAndy

Reaction score
I'm planning an APA using Citra and Mosaic with all hops added as late additions starting at 15 minutes. I read somewhere that Citra is the more dominant hop so I should use less of it in the boil so I've sketched up a recipe with 2:1 Mosaic:Citra at the following intervals:

15 mins: 1oz Mosaic, 0.5oz Citra
5 mins: 1oz Moasic, 0.5oz Citra
dry hop: 1oz Mosaic, 1oz Citra

This will give 45 IBU.

So to all you folks that use these hops regularly; is 2:1 about right for good balance? What do you normally go for?

I have found in the past when I used 1:1, Mosaic overrode then other hops, including Citra. When I use Mosiac now, I tend to go lower on the ratio. But it is all personal taste. I think this would make a great beer, it just depends on what you are trying to do.

I forgot to say that I personally find Mosaic to be more dominate.

I have found in the past when I used 1:1, Mosaic overrode then other hops, including Citra. When I use Mosiac now, I tend to go lower on the ratio. But it is all personal taste. I think this would make a great beer, it just depends on what you are trying to do.

I'm aiming for balance so I can taste both without one dominating the other. I just found this other thread where some folks were using 50/50 with good results so maybe my information about Citra being the dominant one was wrong.

Latest posts

Back