Best mini fridges

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptKiRkLeS

Reaction score
Ok maybe someone can at least point me in the right direction here. I am starting my home bar build and need a fridge. I am looking to do 2 taps but cannot seem to find a more recent thread discussing mini fridge options. Everything I find is dated and those fridges are impossible to find. Any help would be great.

If you are looking for a mini fridge you want to look in the 4.4 cu ft range minimum 4.6 would be better. I have a 4.4 and had to do some trimming to fit my kegs in there. But you should be safe with a 4.4 and above. Just search on craigslist for cheap one or if you are buying new walmart always has good prices and for this it can be cheaper since you are cutting it up. There are a ton of different brands/models so you arent going to find a list, your best bet is to just look at the size. Remember that corny kegs are about 9" in diamter and 25" tall so you want the interior to be at least that tall and close to 18" in width (though you can squeeze them in angled for less)

The main concern is you will need to find where the cooling lines are before you drill the hole for the tower. This can be done several ways and if you search on here or on google can find some answers. Hope this helps

The Darby Model DAR440BL has been used for Kegerator conversions and is available from walmart.com. According to the website, it is in limited availability, but can always be shipped to your store free.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danby-Designer-Compact-Refrigerator/5893621

I have not converted this fridge, but if you search HBT you will find others that have converted it.

Ordering ship to store at Walmart is easy and painless. I purchased my Sanyo from them several years ago, receiving it much quicker than they estimated. Be sure to check for shipping damage.

Good luck!

Thanks guys. Has anyone used this to convert to a kegorator? Haier 4.5 HNSE045BB?? It has a freezer and I'm guessing the lines are on the top. I could to a corn starch test...

The Darby Model DAR440BL has been used for Kegerator conversions and is available from walmart.com. According to the website, it is in limited availability, but can always be shipped to your store free.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danby-Designer-Compact-Refrigerator/5893621

I have not converted this fridge, but if you search HBT you will find others that have converted it.

Ordering ship to store at Walmart is easy and painless. I purchased my Sanyo from them several years ago, receiving it much quicker than they estimated. Be sure to check for shipping damage.

Good luck!

I just did one of these. It fits two 5 gallon ball locks or one 5 gallon ball lock and one pin lock and a 5lb co2 easily with little modification. I use picnic taps so all i did was take off the door panel and replace it with FRP and called it a day.

I converted the Danby 2 months ago with ease. Found it brand new in the box for $100 on Craigslist. Pretty simple conversion. There are a few threads here that tell you step by step what to do. The Frigidaire compact fridge (no freezer) at Lowes can be converted, but the work is harder due to refrigerant lines running everywhere.

Back