Best HBT threads ever?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
/threadjack

I really want another glass of IPA, but I am afraid it is going to kick the keg. Crap. Screw it, I'm going for it

End/

FYI... Victory! Keg did not kick!

My IPA kicked a week ago....And I don't think my Belgian Blonde or Irish Ale are too far behind. I brewed my Kentucky common Monday. I've been thinking about a Cooper's Sparkling Ale kit to tide me over til I can get another brew or two in. I'm suddenly getting into a lager mood. Been drinking a lot of Michigan Micro Lagers over the last couple weeks. And just tried Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold the last couple days. Actually I'm probably going to pick up another 6 on the way home.

*Back to our regularly scheduled program*

I've been thinking about a Cooper's Sparkling Ale kit to tide me over til I can get another brew or two in.

GASP, Revvy I did not realize you were one of the elder brewers who would stoop to making an occasional Coopers kit!!!!:p

BTW, I have one on the way right now. If I didn't brew an occasional extract batch on my stove or a Coopers kit, I'd be brewing WAY less.

5 pages and no one mentions the Edmund Fitzgerald thread?

Weizenwerk's "outing" definitely belongs up there. Oh, every single thing about me matches up with this poster on another forum? Yeah, coincidence, that's not me. ;)

This one had moments of epic-ness. Its ready.

But the epic threads have to be the ones with her in it....Which were legendary even before I got here...and are only whispered about late at night, and noone dares speaketh her name......

8139-mebike-8928.jpg

In fact I hear tell the threads of hers that the mods killed weren't just locked, the servers where they were on were smashed to bits, and the pieces sunk in a lead-lined safe into the marianus trench.

WTF?????????

Actually Revvy, that's what we need! (no not a lead lined locker) Who here is an elder?

Yooper won't stoop to post here I guess, who else is? Where's Orfy?

Most epic post? Maybe not "epic" in that it didn't reference a porch couch or unicorns. But, while seemingly simple, it's interesting for historical reasons.

1st Post

I like it!

Maybe he was an old school bathtub and Fleishmann's kinda guy. Couldn't deal with all the EACs.

The THREAD KILLA!!!!!!

Too bad that got merged.

There was a post a while back about a guy making grocery store beer. He used stuff like malt-o-meal, shredded wheat, bakers yeast, and some kind of tea that had hops in it.

I know some of the regulars will be able to dig this thread up.

It started off by people flipping him a bunch of crap about the swill he was producing. Eventually, people started showing interest in the brew and I think there were some people that actually gave the recipe a shot.

I remember some of the pics he posted and it looked more like lemonade than beer.

There was a post a while back about a guy making grocery store beer. He used stuff like malt-o-meal, shredded wheat, bakers yeast, and some kind of tea that had hops in it.

It started off by people flipping him a bunch of crap about the swill he was producing. Eventually, people started showing interest in the brew and I think there were some people that actually gave the recipe a shot.

I remember some of the pics he posted and it looked more like lemonade than beer.

That was a good one.

Now I'm intrigued. Found these but I don't think it's the one. Interesting though.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/gap-grocery-produce-beer-experiment-69313/index2.html

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f30/so-i-made-trip-grocery-store-285947/

The banana cream thread with no conclusion was pretty awesome. I'm not sure if the "heavy cream" thread linked to earlier was it or not. I'm at work and can't really read through a lot at the moment.

slomo said:
I believe The thread was my sister likes to brew in her thong or panties. Also short skirts. How short is too short?

Yeah I remember that one. Pretty sure it was spam. And I believe it was uderwear, yes without the n.

This one had moments of epic-ness. Its ready.

But the epic threads have to be the ones with her in it....Which were legendary even before I got here...and are only whispered about late at night, and noone dares speaketh her name......

8139-mebike-8928.jpg

In fact I hear tell the threads of hers that the mods killed weren't just locked, the servers where they were on were smashed to bits, and the pieces sunk in a lead-lined safe into the marianus trench.

Oh wow, I forgot about that wackjob.

And for those wondering about the EAC thread, some new guy asked for some help and asked some kinda dumb questions. Some brew snobs jumped all over him and he called everyone EACs. The brew snobs loved it and called themselves EAC's for like 2 years. The end.

Damn, I just read the bananas foster thread, and almost killed myself trying to keep my laughter in...that thing should be labeled NSFW just because you can't stop laughing when you read it!

Favorite quote from the thread:

Well, it tasted like banana-beer, it was like a thick carbonated foam cheese with no spoiled notes detectable and a strong alcoholic kick at the end.

Back