Best Flavor Extract Brands to Use

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vandulus

Chief Crackpot
Reaction score
I've got a few beers planned this year that use flavor extracts due to time and cost constraints. I picked up a few bottles of Brewer's Best "All Natural Flavorings" only to find out when looking at the data sheets, they're only mostly natural. Apparently as long as the Topnote flavors are less than .1% they can label it as All Natural. I've used Olive Nation rose petal extract in the past with great success and from what I've been able to find does not have any artificial flavors. I'm thinking about buying some of their other flavors, but thought I'd ask HBT first. I'm trying to avoid oil based flavorings since they affect head retention and don't stay suspended in the beer.

I'm curious as to what other brewers have used that is natural (except for the glycerol and alcohol) and doesn't impart one-note or fake flavors?

Latest posts

Back